Laser therapy uses light to accelerate the body’s natural healing process. The laser beam is moved over the skin so that the light energy (photons) penetrates the tissue where it interacts with various molecules (chromophores) that cause different biological effects.
• Energy: Measured in joules
• Time: Defined as the duration of irradiance of target tissue and is measured in seconds. It is also known as Impulse Duration or called “impulse width”
• Wavelength: Penetration depth is directed by the laser emission wavelength and the type of tissue (chromophores)
• Frequency: Defined as the number of impulses emitted during the unit of time (1 second) and should reflect the condition treated
• Power: The rate at which energy is delivered and is measured in watts
• Fluence: Energy Density or Dose
• Irradiance (Also known as Power Density): Power delivered per unit area
• Emission Mode: Continuous Wave (CW) or Pulsed Wave (PW)
• Impulse Duration: Duration of laser emission, also called “impulse width”
Therapeutic lasers provide a non-invasive and cost effective tool for veterinary practice. Laser therapy helps veterinarians provide higher quality patient care and ultimately improves the quality of life for your patients.
Laser therapy has been used to treat pain and inflammation associated with:
|• Anti-inflammatory applications||• Sore muscles and joints|
|• Chronic non-healing wounds||• Degenerative joint conditions|
|• Muskuloskeletal disorders||• Neurological & general pain|
|• Post surgical treatment||• Ligament and tendon injuries|
WHAT IS MLS LASER THERAPY?
- MLS stands for Multi-Wave Locked System. The MLS Therapy Laser treats pain, inflammation and arthritis.
- The MLS Laser is a Class IV Laser and uses multiple synchronized diodes.
- It features 2 wavelengths; 808 nanometers and 905 nanometers. The wavelengths are in the infrared spectrum. They are invisible to the eye, but can be seen using a cell phone camera.
- The 808 wavelength is for inflammation, and is long lasting.
- The 905 wavelength is analgesic and is fast acting. Together, they are very effective.
- The MLS wavelengths combine and synchronize the 808nm and 905nm in a unique and proprietary way.
- The MLS wave form is patented.
- There are over 3,000 studies performed in the last three decades that validate the efficacy of laser therapy.
- Laser therapy was cleared by the FDA in 2002 and is currently being used by a variety of medical specialties, as well as professional sports teams, including the Dallas Cowboys and Cleveland Cavaliers.
- The laser can penetrate 3-5 cm deep and generates no heat. There are no known harmful effects.