Corporate Service and Operations
At Cutting Edge Lasers we understand that as a medical device company it is our responsibility to remain in close communication with our Physicians and Veterinarians during the COVID-19 epidemic. This page is intended to provide up to date information to our partners in the field dealing with this crisis.
Our corporate office remains fully operational. Most employees are remote with full access to the resources needed. Our technical support and depot service teams continue to operate. In addition, our field service is available, when needed, and will follow the guidelines of the geography in which they reside or the location at which the on-site service is needed.
Our service department remains open with depot service at the Cutting Edge office and field service technicians for on-site appointments. To contact our service department please call 800.889.4184 Option 3.
Should you have any questions regarding your lease agreement or to request a payment deferral, please contact DLL Financing at 800-736-0220 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For instruction on how to clean and disinfect your laser, see below:
Customer Cleaning of Laser Recommendations
The maintenance section of the user manual outlines the proper cleaning for your laser(s). It is suggested that the exterior of the system and the laser applicators be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
Cleaning of Therapy lasers:
The Manufacturer has suggested these items:
- Benzalkonium chloride like ESO S80 (found in some hand sanitizers and antibacterial wipes)
- Cutting Edge has recommended disinfectants such as Citrus II.
- Isopropyl alcohol, it is not too aggressive, but it may reduce the life of the plastic covers, cases. You can put a couple of drops Isopropyl alcohol, in the center of the lens surface and with a soft cloth (without fluff) you should polish delicately.
- Keep in mind that the lens must be cleaned with an optics cleaner so that no residue is left behind.
CAUTION!! You must avoid the follow substances:
- Sodium hypochlorite (Sodium Hypochlorite is a greenish-yellow liquid commonly referred to as Bleach.)
- Chloroxylenol (Chloroxylenol, or para-chloro-meta-xylenol (PCMX), is an antiseptic and disinfectant agent used for skin disinfection and surgical instruments. It is found in antibacterial soaps, wound-cleansing applications, and household antiseptics)
- Ammonium chloride (Ammonium chloride is an inorganic compound with the formula NH4Cl and a white crystalline salt that is highly soluble in water. Solutions of ammonium chloride are mildly acidic. Sal ammoniac is a name of the natural, mineralogical form of ammonium chloride.
- UV lamps as they can age the plastic and reduce the life of the cases and the plastic covers
- Clean the exterior of the laser with mild soap and water.
- When necessary, disinfect the exterior parts of the equipment with a hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Use a soft cloth for both cleaning and disinfecting.
- Be careful not to contaminate the optics with soap or disinfectant.
- Do not use alcohol to clean the surface of the display.
Handpiece Disinfecting and Sterilization:
- Remove visible debris with a suitable solution.
- Wipe down with cloth dampened with disinfectant. No alcohol-based disinfectants to be used.
- Take care that the detergent does not enter cavities or apertures of the device.
- Do not use chemical solvents and/or abrasive detergents.